|too hot, and it's only 10 am!|
Maybe I'll start early. I'm going to be off-grid for almost two weeks in August; at the cottage and then camping. Cellular service is spotty, and either no electricity (while camping) or only dial-up service available (at the cottage). So accessing the Net will be difficult, or just plain far too frustrating.
At Long Beach Lodge Resort, Tofino BC.
|from the hot tub|
Not that I'm complaining, mind you. Back in Ontario we're having a stinkin' hot summer so far. (not looking forward to having to go back into that...)
- Once I know something ~ a tidbit of news, a secret ~ I somehow assume that everyone else knows what I do. Makes keeping secrets for me stressful (not to mention potentially dangerous for others) and also leaves me feeling distinctly unspecial. Or humble. Somewhere between those two. It also makes creating lists like 10 Things You May Not Know About Me difficult since on some level I think I'm so obvious that everyone already knows many more than 10 things about me. Circuitous.
- I have synaesthesia. However I have probably the most common form of it. And I simply can't imagine NOT having all these colours involved in my daily life.
- I see photographic opportunities all around me daily, but have difficulties acting on them.
- I can become paralyzed by my perfectionism.
- I think I should be living elsewhere. I have difficulty feeling 'at home' most places.
- I secretly suspect that I deserve all the goodness that I have right now. I'm okay with this feeling, but I don't know how to express it without it coming off as arrogance.
- I don't believe we have a soulmate, and I don't believe we can have only one great love.
- I do believe that human beings ~ as a species ~ are incredibly resilient.
- I know I don't have all the answers yet. Nor does anybody else.
- I think depression and anxiety disorders are on the opposite side of the coin to creativity. They co-exist, and help each other.
|Happy Canada Day!|
My husband has to attend a funeral though. I'm incredibly sad. Actually, I'm immensely angry. The anger supercedes the sadness. She was slightly younger than I, three kids under 10 years old, taken by a bitch of a cancer in ten months.
And that? That is. just. plain. WRONG.